I saw a pin on Pinterest that said “By Friday, my hair is basically 99% dry shampoo.”
Way. Too. Accurate. But seriously, what was life before dry shampoo?! I can’t even remember the last time I washed my hair two days in a row…especially as a blonde because I color treat my hair and don’t want it dried out. That’s not cute.
I get a lot of questions asking my what products I use on my hair and how does it stay so healthy when I color it. I must say that products are not the only answer, but they do make a HUGE difference. I learned a long time ago that quality products make the biggest difference. Yes, my bank account would much rather buy drugstore haircare but those are not going to pay off in the long run. Here’s a wrap up of my everyday products that I legit could not live without.
- Wet Brush – You’re probably thinking “what’s so special about a brush?” But this brush is life-changing! I have fine hair so it tangles so easily. And I’m always fearful of breakage after washing it and having to comb it out. There’s only so much that a detangle spray can do. The Wet Brush bristles will glide through any hair type, combing out tangles effortlessly. No more pain and it’s great for kiddos! They even have folding brushes which are great for on-the-go in your purse.
- Argan Oil of Morocco Weightless Healing Dry Oil – The best $8 you’ll ever spend. Yep true story and it can be found at most retailers like Target, Walmart or even ULTA. I use this dry oil spray on the nights I know I’m going to wash my hair the next day. I will spray this throughout my ends and where I feel is dry, brush it through and then sleep with my hair in a bun. I wake up the next morning and wash my hair and my ends feel so refreshed. It’s also a great way to maintain strong locks after applying any sort of heat to it. PS OGX haircare in general is amazing. I love their shampoo + conditioner!
- Tresemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo – Dry shampoo is life! I’m a little picky when it comes to picking the right one though. I never want my hair to look powdery or have a bunch of build up. And the smell totally matters. I love love love this Tresemme dry shampoo. It’s light, smells good and adds volume. The perfect combo! And it’s only $6 so go ahead and add it to the many things you don’t “need” in your Target basket. You’ll thank me later 😉
- It’s A 10 Miracle Leave-In – I started using this product when I first started getting my hair done professionally. It was the only detangle spray that worked on my fine hair and didn’t leave it feeling greasy. A lot goes a long way and makes brushing through my hair so much easier. And there are so many benefits, including repairing dry damaged hair, adding shine, smoothing & controlling frizz, sealing & protecting hair color, detangling, preventing split ends, stopping hair breakage, creating silkiness, enhancing natural body, and serves as a flat iron & thermal protector. It’s a 10 is a little pricey (around $20 a bottle), but I promise you that one bottle lasts me 6+ months because it doesn’t take much product when using it. In this case, I say treat yo self!
- Kristin Ess Dry Finish Working Texture Spray – Kind of a silly story, but I started using this because Kristin Ess does some of my favorite celeb’s hair including Lauren Conrad and Lucy Hale. They always have the perfect volume so when this line launched, I was committed. This texture spray smells so good and is great for days of dirty hair and styling with a hair wand. It helps create that beach wave look that we all want.
- Umberto Regular Hold Hairspray – I think hairsprays might be one of the hardest hair products to buy. You want to make sure that it smells good and doesn’t leave you feeling sticky and actually works. I really like this Umberto hairspray. It doesn’t leave you with crunchy curls and it’s a nice flexible hold. Only $10 and it’s a huge bottle!
I cannot live without these haircare products! And the best part is they are at pretty decent price points with half over $10 and the other under. I’d say a pretty good balance. Hair is something to be splurged on, especially with the tools you’re using. It’s the only way to keep it healthy. And speaking of tools, the Hot Tools Ceramic Taper Wand featured in the pic is definitely a must-have for me. I use it to spruce up day old hair and add some texture to my style. The tapered wand end allows for tighter waves towards the bottom for less fallout.
Clearly you can tell by the length of this post that I am passionate about haircare and love answering your questions. I’m totally on the search for a better hairdryer and always want to know what it is that you’re loving for your luscious locks. Let me know in the comments!